Monday, July 7, 2008

Wheat Harvest

Its becoming a family tradition every year to travel back home and help out with wheat harvest. Brody was in heaven all week long! He rode in the combine with Grandpa almost everyday. He'd wake up from his nap saying "Ride in da combine?"


My amateur photography skills hard at work!


I love this picture of Brody grabbing for a cookie. This was during one of our picnics at the field. I have so many great memories of wheat harvest while I was growing up... it's exciting for me that Brody is experiencing it already. His eyes would light up when he saw the combine heading his way to pick him up.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

GREAT PICS!! I agree with you...what wonderful memories we had growing up. Lucky to be "farm girls"

-Ann

Bethany said...

I have to agree...what great memories!! I have so many wonderful memories from when I was younger and "helping" my grandparents with harvest! There is just something about being young and getting to experience that!!

Your pictures are really good! Looks like you have been playing around and learning some different editing techniques!!

Hope you are all enjoying summer!

MamaGottaRun said...

Cute pictures!

Anonymous said...

Hey Arica. The pic of the hay is amazing... where is that at? I have a photographer friend that would LOVE to take pictures there.

Cara
jjbout@yahoo.com

Take care.