Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Saying Goodbye...

We said goodbye to Pat's Grandma Ethel, a couple weeks ago. It's always sad to say goodbye, but we know she's happy and peaceful in heaven. The memories that I have of Grandma Ethel are playing pitch at family events....laughing with her because her laugh is sooooo contagious, and listening to stories about her life. Her gifts were always amusing because we never knew what we would get, usually something she finds lying around her house, that has never been used. Funny. We will miss her....I'm so glad she was able to come to Brody's 3rd birthday party and see our house...because we knew our time with her would soon be over.

This was her senior picture....I think is was taken in 1941. She was 18. So beautiful!

The picture below was taken last August at Grandma's 85th birthday.
I never had a chance to meet Pat's Grandpa Ed....but it feels like I did. I hear so much about him. And wish I could have met him. It was thundering/lightning at Grandma Ethel's burial service, and Pat and his family said that was probably Ed and Ethel bickering back and forth at each other again! It's nice to know they are back together again!

We miss you both!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh Arica, this is a really nice post... thank you for posting it...

Hope your all doing good..
Love you All,
Julie